List Price: $24.98
Sale Price: $16.95
Today's Bonus: 32% Off
Sit back and enjoy this joy ride from the Wright brothers to the Blue Angels. The video footage is breathtaking. Of course, it isn't as good as on a real IMAX screen but you certainly can't do better on your home screen. Tom Selleck's narration is easy to listen to and soothing, in stark contrast to the excitement you'll feel watching the in-flight footage. This is entertaining, educational and just plain (plane!) fun.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I got this for my 4 year old son's birthday last year because he has a fascination with air planes. Let's just say everyone in the house loves it when it comes on. We have a large screen TV and it makes you feel like you are really there! The sounds are colors are vivid. This is a wonderful dvd to pull out on those rainy/snowy days. No matter how many times we have watched it, it still holds our attention.Best Deals for IMAX: The Magic of Flight (1996)
I saw this IMAX film the first time at the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, FL. (You'll notice in the opening credits that they helped with the film)I was entranced by the stunning video images and the "feeling" about flying that the scenery and Tom Selleck's narrative created. The score for the film is not "TOPGUN-esque" but rather a warm and inspiring score that reminded me of EVEREST. (Another Spectacular MacGillivray Freeman effort). Needless to say I saw it another 3 times while I was in flight school. To make it easy on prospective buyers I would offer this: If you don't fly or aren't particularly interested in aviation, but have ever been curious as to what makes people want to do it, this film should shed some light. If you fly or are an aviation buff...well, this film really hits the bullseye. Difficult to put in words just how but watch the film and you know what I meanHonest reviews on IMAX: The Magic of Flight (1996)
I just can't get past this BD being just 37 minutes. Great footage, no doubt! Made even better in HD! But even knowing it's a short movie, when those closing credits roll you're like, "That's it?! Damn." Sure, in "The Making of..." you learn it's like a million dollars a minute (or something ridiculous like that) to shoot IMAX from an F/A-18 and so you can understand why the film is not longer, but still...37 minutes?Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for IMAX: The Magic of Flight (1996)
I watched 'The Magic of Flight' after vieiwing another IMAX film titled 'The Alps' (which blew me away).It's clear that tMoF is a much older movie and this shows in all apsects of its production compared to the newer documentaries brought out by the same company on the IMAX format.
This doesn't mean tMoF isn't worth a watch,especially for fans of the genre,but I think it's average at best and would only recommend this title if the price reflects this.
No comments:
Post a Comment